Saturday, June 25, 2005

W minus 4 weeks

Mmmm... it's all pretty quiet now. I got my shoes today. That was pretty easy. I'd been to a few places such as Mathers and Betts, and they had nothing, so I went to a couple of more "bridal" shoe stores out of the local wedding guides, and the first shop had nothing that caught my eye, so we walked straight out. The second place (just around the corner from the first) we walked into, and they had "weddingy" shoes on a stand, and straight away I saw exactly what I wanted. They had my size, she was able to punch some extra holes in the strappy bits as they were a little loose, and they were only $56. Woohoo!

We also went to a wedding shop that has everything wedding that you could ever need! So we got a fluffy cape for myself to keep me warm, some ribbon for the cars, cake knife, nice brooch-like pins to hold the capes together (they didn't have any more matching ones for the bridesmaids, so had to get them elsewhere), ear rings and necklace for me, ring cushion, and also had a look at flowergirl dresses while we were there.

Andrew's mum is an organist at her church, and quite likes classical music, so we've given her the task of choosing music for the string quartet. She rang us up today and played a couple of pieces on the piano that she liked and thought would be good, so that was great!!

Tonight we'll probably go through the list of songs for the DJ and pick out a few hours worth of stuff.

The next 4 weeks are going to fly....

3 comments:

Carolyne said...

What a terribly productive weekend!
It sounds as though you don't have anything to do for the next four weeks. Have you arranged the celebrant and signed the papers?

Sarah said...

Yup, did that a while ago!!

Aki said...

Never been a more organised bride, a score with the shoes as well. I think the string quartet is a nice idea as well, symbolises harmony. :)