Friday, August 25, 2006

General update

Just an update since it's been a while! I did my first Accounting exam last week, and all went well. It was an online exam, so obviously open book, and only worth 5%, but I got 90.7% which was nice. There's 4 of those though, so altogether worth 20%, so definitely worth trying to do well at!

I thought it was fairly easy and a little disappointed at "only" getting 91%, but I have a few contacts from my class that I speak to, and two got in the 60% range, one got 88%, and one of them has dropped the subject (she's full time) because it was too much, so I certainly feel pretty pleased! I was really scared of this subject, and while I realise I NEVER want to be an accountant, and it requires a lot of work, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, and I'm kind of enjoying it.

Actually the thing I'm enjoying is reading through the last page of each module first which has everything you should know by the end of the chapter, and understanding nothing, then doing the module, reading through it again, and actually knowing and understanding all of the objectives for that module. It's kind of proof at how much I'm learning each week, and it amazes me how much new stuff I can cram into my brain each week :) It's kind of feedback that what I'm doing is well worth it.

Anyway, so in other news, next weekend is a long weekend over here, so we're off to Yosemite National Park and we'll camp there for 2 nights, so we're really looking forward to that! We bought a book last weekend which had the 100 best hikes of Yosemite, so we'll have a good look through that and figure out what we really want to see.

We've also booked flights back to Australia for the end of November/start of December. I think we arrive on November 24th or something like that, and come back on December 8th. We'll spend a night in Sydney, the first weekend in Brisbane catching up with Andrew's family, the week at somewhere nice and relaxing (as in an actual holiday!!!!), the next weekend in Brisbane with my side of the family, a few weekdays in Canberra catching up with people there, then come home. So keep your diaries free!! :)

3 comments:

miners said...

how excitement! I may even be in Brisbane at that time for the Kurrawa to Point Danger 25km/50km! Would be great to catch up :)

Ewen said...

Maybe a CR Canberra drinks? Or, at least that coffee I missed out on in SF. ;)

Yosemite is such a cool place Sarah - you'll love it (if you can avoid the tourists). If you have time, try the drive over Tioga Pass to Lee Vining - very spectacular and there may still be some snow about.

Sarah and Tiggy said...

Hi Sarah! How about joining us in Weekend cat Blogging?
Drop me a link at sweetsarahj@gmail.com. Or leave a comment at http://chefsarahjane.blogspot.com/
There will be a round-up of all the kittys on Sunday.

Looking forward to all your kitty links!

Sarah