Monday, March 10, 2008

Scar update *warning, slightly gross*

When they told me that the hole in my chest would close up again and you wouldn't be able to tell anything happened, I didn't believe them. 3 weeks later, and you can hardly tell!

This is the day before the abscess burst open - it's red, swollen, and sore.



This is today:



It's still a little wider where the last part of the wound closed up, and more obvious than it was before it got infected. I do recall someone saying the scar would be more vascular while it was healing.

At the very top of the scar, I get some little shooting pains off into my neck when I turn or stretch my neck. I think something (a nerve??) is pulling there when I turn, which is getting annoying. I'm sure it'll get better with time.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

It should. I had some nerve problems from my motorcycle accident scars which have subsided.

In the meantime, it'll stop you from 'looking back' during triathlon races ;)

Zilla said...

Hi! How does your scar look now? I just had surgery and don't like the look of mine. I'm about 10 weeks out of surgery. How has your scar healed?

Jeff