Sunday, November 13, 2005

And so the craziness begins...

I finished up at work on Friday (taking 12 months leave without pay to start with), and we were in Brisbane all weekend saying goodbye to the family.

The packers and removalists come this morning so we're madly trying to wash and dry the last few things before they arrive, and trying to separate the stuff we're taking on the plane, the air freight and the sea freight.

I got a bike box delivered to me from the removalists, so packed up my bike last Thursday and discovered the bike box is HUGE. For anyone who knows bike box sizes, this box made Mikal's QANTAS bike box look small, and I consider their boxes to be quite big! I didn't get a chance to pick up another bike box on Friday, so need to rush out to the bike shop this morning and try to score a reasonable sized bike box from the Bike Shed. Hopefully they'll have a spare they can give me, my poor bike will just fly everywhere in the current bike box otherwise!

This will probably be my last blog post for a while as we're staying with a friend from tonight, and have no idea when I'll next have computer access - or time to post for that matter!!

Who knows which country my next post will be from! :-)

4 comments:

Jen said...

JTI, happy travels and please make sure you continue to update your blog when you finally get settled in the States so we can stay updated on your adventures :-)

Take care,
J

Tesso said...

I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling at the moment - excitement and anticipation mixed with sadness mixed with the stress of trying to get things done.

As Jen says please keep on blogging while you are away. And posting pics. I guess there's no reason you can't jump on chat either :-)

Have a safe trip. Take care.

Cirque said...

Good luck and take care Sarah. We'll all be thinking of you.

Meagan said...

Hi Sarah! Just found your site from tri-drs! Great! It's nice to have other blogging tri-buddies my age :) Great site!