Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Kitty's better, I'm ok

LC was pretty much herself again by Sunday night! She's been fine all week as well, so maybe she was just feeling a bit ill from the vets.

As for me, I'm ok. I had a shocker of a migraine yesterday. It started off with not being able to see my computer screen properly, then realising that my right eye just wasn't working. I couldn't focus on anything, and I started getting really giddy. I thought I just needed to get out for a walk and clear my head, but that didn't help, and I started getting a headache, when I realised that the blurred vision, headache and oncoming nausea was the start of a migraine, so I just packed up and said I was leaving (at 11am!) and got to the car and headed off home while I could still drive! It was pretty scary - I was feeling really nauseous, my right eye was all blurry, and twice I drifted off the road!

I finally made it home just as the pain was starting to set in, and raided the medicine cabinet only to remember that we cleaned out all of the out of date stuff recently (which was most of it!) and the only drugs we had were regular paracetemol. I took 2 and went to bed, but they so did not cut the mustard. My head was just throbbing on one side, like someone had just hit me with a sledgehammer and I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep.

Our kitty must have sensed something was wrong, as she has often curled up on the bed with us, but she snuggled into my neck purring as if to help the pain. It was very cute :) I eventually fell asleep and spent 6 hours in bed just sleeping and resting. I got up once for the toilet, and as soon as I got up my head started throbbing again and I got waves of nausea. By about 5:30ish the worst had passed and I just had a dull ache in my head.

The dull ache is still there today, as well as some stiffness and a general heavy feeling in my head. I'm so glad I rarely get migraines!!!!!

As for the cardiologist, I'm still waiting, and still hearing nothing. I called AGAIN last week and his receptionist called back and said "the doctor has spoken to Professor Jeremy and will call again this afternoon to see if there's any news". Pfft. I've found a website about this professor in Sydney, Professor Jeremy. There's an email address for him, I wonder if it's worth dropping him an email? Hmmm....

2 comments:

Jen said...

JTI, I'm so sorry to hear about your migraine. I get them regularly so I know exactly how you feel. Hope the headache fades soon. And as for your doctors, I hope they pull their fingers really soon. If not, emails may await them....

Sarah said...

You get them regularly???? Oh my god, that must be so debilitating! One every couple of years is bad enough...