Monday, June 13, 2005

W minus 6 weeks

Ok, we're doing pretty well here!

- Already getting RSVP's back in
- I've got a tentative seating plan knocked up
- The boys suits are all organised
- booked a string quartet for the ceremony, and a DJ for the reception
- A friend has a flowergirl dress that may fit our flowergirl, so we're going to get that sent to us to try it out
- The bonbonniere is sorted, we're getting placecards/bonbonniere in one in the same colours as everything else we're doing
- We've booked cars (just hiring Commodores from Thrifty and doing them up ourselves) and getting rellies to drive them
- Accommodation has been booked for most of the family (we've got around 35 rellies coming from between Gladstone and Melbourne!)
- I've started looking at flowers which has been an effort and a half!! I just have noo idea what to get....
- Started looking for hair/make up packages as well. Prices are ok for the bride, but they all seem very expensive for bridesmaide and accompanying families, so I'll continue ringing around tomorrow.

Tomorrow we're finalising the menu, hopefully booking hair/makeup people, and next Saturday I'll decide on flowers. After that we're pretty much sorted!! If anyone can think of anything I seem to have forgotten, please feel free to mention it to me... :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You certainly are doing well, Sarah! You're powering ahead with the wedding plans...not long now! I'm getting all excited just reading about it all!

Now as for the 16km on the treadmill : it's not being brave or anything like that, it's just that I'm afraid of/hate the cold winds at this time of year! A real chicken I am!

miners said...

ah - I can think of one thing you might have forgotten - what is the training program for the honeymoon? Next post I expect to see you shopping aruond for packaging costs for the bike, a list of which running shoes you're taking, and then a detailed program for each morning while you're away.

Really happy to see the other 'less important' wedding plans are coming along. Also really glad to see you're not dis-spirited by the news earlier in the month. You will always be able to train and race Sarah. And you will always have our support