Thursday, January 10, 2008

Feel a million times better

Amazing what a night in your own bed does. I still barely slept as I was in some pain, it was hard to find a comfortable spot, and my right lung is still not so good, so was wheezing most of the night. But while I was awake, I was snuggled up in my nice cozy bed, listening to Andrew's breathing, and just knowing that he was there next to me and was feeling so relaxed and happy. It wasn't staring at the ceiling listening to the noises wondering if sleep would come, it was just relaxing.

We went for a walk a little while ago for about 20 minutes at pretty much normal pace. I felt as though I could have gone longer, but we don't want to push it too much. I got told when we got home, I would walk for 5 minutes, then would need to sleep for a couple of hours because I'd be exhausted. I certainly blew that theory out of the water... I guess that's for older people whose body doesn't cope as well. I feel completely fine now.

It's so great having Andrew home for the month, not only is he just so good about looking after me, but it's nice to have quality relaxing time together to just go to the movies, catch up on DVDs, go for walks, and whatever else takes our fancy.

I'm thinking sleeping will be even better tonight!

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

Sarah, so glad you are home and feeling so good. Have been following Andrew's updates. He is sogood with all the technical jargon. Hope your recovery keeps going well.

Ronnie

Ewen said...

Hey, take it easy Sarah. Sounds like you'll be up to 5k runs by the end of the January ;)

Good to see you back home - enjoy the month with Andrew.

Unknown said...

It's so great to hear(read) that you're doing so well.
Isn't medical science amazing? They've cracked open your chest, stopped your heart, replaced the major artery in your body with synthetic stuff, and a week later you're at home and going for 20 min walks!
I think it's so cool.
;)