Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just an update

As I've been recovering, I've been feeling worse. How silly huh? The weeping has been getting worse - more cloudy, more of it, and the tiny hole has gotten bigger where the incision is a little open. As well as that, I must have strained something as my muscles all across my chest, shoulders and neck have been incredibly painful. I spent about 3 days in agony, and got almost no sleep.

I went back to the hospital to get the incision checked out, which involved them squeezing all around it REALLY hard which killed, then they helped me up which hurt my sore muscles even more, and in my exhausted, emotional state, I started crying. So the doctors realised I was having more issues than just the incision which was good because they can fix these things! So told me to take high dosage Ibuprofen (800mg 3 times a day) since I hadn't been taking it since I wasn't in much pain, which meant I wasn't getting the anti-inflammatory benefits. So I have that to take, antibiotics since my incision is probably close to infection, and might as well prevent it, and sleeping tablets to help me get a decent night sleep.

So between all the drugs, I'm finally in a lot less pain, which makes life much more happy again, and I finally got a good night's sleep last night. I believe I actually slept the entire night - first time in nearly a month!

I'm about to get a massage to help my poor, unhappy muscles, so should sleep even better tonight. It's nice ot feel human again :-)

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

Sarah, it's all part of the healing prcess I guess, but it's gotta suck. Wishing you a much better coming month than the last. Keep us posted on how you are going.

Ronnie