Friday, February 10, 2006

Exciting day!

Short version - went and saw Corteo, a Cirque Du Soleil performance, came home and found out I'm going to be an aunty again!!

Long version - my sister-in-law Kirsty is pregnant again, and due to have her baby in September. My nephew, Seth, is a gorgeous, sweet, happy 2 1/2 year old boy, and I wish them another healthy, happy child. I'm very excited :)

I've watched the Cirque du Soleil performances on tv a number of time and they've always fascinated me. The sounds, the colours, the acrobatics, it just seemed amazing. So when we came here, we discovered there's 2 shows permanently at Las Vegas and a show that was in San Francisco and coming to San Jose (which is a bit closer to us) soon. So we waited for it to come to San Jose, and tonight we finally got to see it.

It was as amazing as I hoped. I was squealing constantly as performers went flying through the air, amazed at the strength and grace of the performers, laughing at the funny acts and surprised over and over again as we would watch one part of the stage, only to look back to the main part of the stage and discovered that it had been completely changed in the moment we were looking away!

It was set up on a round stage in a big top tent with everyone around the stage, and was a smallish tent, so while I made sure we had good tickets, I would think that any ticket would have a really good view. They made great use of the stage, and the big top itself, and it was a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to going to Las Vegas and experiencing that and seeing one of the shows there! That'll be cool...

No comments: