Sunday, February 10, 2008

Walking this week

I've managed a few good walks this week. I had my big walk on Tuesday (I think it was actually 4 miles, not 5 - I can't read a map!), Wednesday I walked to the light rail station to go to downtown Mountain View for lunch with friends, then walked the 35 minutes home after. My lower back was starting to get sore, and I was feeling pretty tired. Thursday I went with Briana and another friend Lisa and their babies to Happy Hollow Zoo in San Jose where we spent a couple of hours walking around.

By Friday my lower back was REALLY aching, and my legs were very tired, so my only exercise was down to the corner shop and back (15 minutes).

I've been feeling tired again, and part of my incision has gotten a bit more red and swollen over the last few days, and a bit sore and itchy (just under where it was weeping), so I'm a little worried the infection is either coming back, or never completely went. It's not weeping - it's all healed over, so it's hard to tell what's happening under there. Hopefully it'll go away, otherwise it'll mean another trip to Stanford :-)

I'm feeling fine otherwise, and it's been great to get out and get some exercise. I found a local swimming pool that looks really good, and while it IS a 50m, it's only open as "long course" during certain times in summer, otherwise it's split in half. They have good squad times, so I hope to go there to kick around, and do some water running, then when I am off restrictions, join a squad to build some strength back up.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's sounding positive Sarah (except for the scar problem). With a 25m pool you get more tumble-turn practise - not that you need that skill in triathlons :)