Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Half marathon intention

I went and saw James Barker for a massage last night to help loosen me up after the whole crazy 350km bike ride thing (and felt surprisingly not too bad!), and I mentioned I don't really have a short term goal at the moment.

I want to do a half ironman at the end of next year so have to think about that, but I needed a goal to keep me working towards something challening. James suggested the Weston Creek Half Marathon on March 13th. Perfect!

I'm not a good runner and need to seriously do some more of it, and a running goal is probably just what I need March is a good time too. Not too soon, not so far away that it's not considered a short term goal.

I'm only doing 10k long runs on a sunday at the moment with my 1 interval session and 1 medium run/2nd interval session (depending on how I'm feeling) so really need to get a good training program that builds up my long runs, keeps my 1 track and medium set consistent, probably add one more run in as well as keep up my cycling and swimming. Phew....

On top of this I also need to put aside time for work, house stuff, probably some rest and most importantly - Andrew time!! :-)

No comments: