Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Ride this morning

The bilbys Wednesday morning ride was on this morning and I knew I'd still be feeling sore and sorry for myself after the weekend, but I felt I needed to get my legs moving, so I figured I'd join the novice group for their ride.

Alarm set for 5:30 am (!!!), managed to get up, get to my bike, get all ready to go, check my tyre pressure only to discover the back tyre was completely flat. D'oh. Last time I tried to change that tyre I got the shits after about 40 minutes of just trying to get the tyre off and ended up taking it around to David Baldwin and Julie Quinn's for help!! This was also only a week ago.

Called Gary Rolfe and said I'd got a flat, would change it and catch them on the Federal Highway. I figured that way i would feel as though I had to change it and join them rather than just giving up and going back to bed...

Managed to be on the road within about 20 minutes which I thought was impressive, and started cycling and realised my legs felt like lead!! As I got to the Federal Highway a guy by the name of Nick (who I'd never met before) was also cycling along, so we rode together for a while chatting away. It was great to have someone else to talk to- took the mind off the pain in the legs!!

Managed to cruise along and before too long the legs were feeling fine, just a bit heavy and slow. Saw the novices on the other side of the highway on the old Federal Highway about a k before the Sutton turnaround, so just jumped across to the other side of the road and caught up with them just as they were joining the (new) Federal Highway.

I think it's a 30k ride (plus another few k's to work) and was glad I went to get the legs moving. Feel better for it, and it rained this arvo and got chilly again so glad to get it in while I can!!!

No comments: