Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Quiet week

Haven't done much this week. Didn't cycle on Saturday due to needing to go get my car cleaned and out to the Canberra Car Fair to try and sell it, and spent all day Sunday at the Canberra Half Ironman co-ordinating an aid station on the run.

Had a ball at the aid station, Bilbys always run it well and this year was no exception. We had 50+ incredibly keen (and loud!) volunteers who made sure every competitor got what they needed when they needed it.

I've now volunteered for the Forster Ironman as well for next year. I've asked to be a catcher (helping the ironpeople after they cross the finish line, catching them if needed...), or in the recovery tent. Should be an awesome experience.

Just have to get back into training so I can do one myself one day.... I was going to do the Canberra Classic distance race on Jan 30, but I really don't know if I'll be ready!! I haven't got any weekends free at the moment, and I don't have many free in January either, so if I want to do it I'm going to have to get motivated and start doing a lot of early morning sessions. Not sure if this is going to happen with christmas so close though. We'll see...

No comments: