Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years Resolution

Ok, so I never bother with New Years resolutions because if you want to do something, just do it, why should you wait until a new year to decide to do it??

I even said just last night that I thought new year resolutions were crap. But I was just thinking this morning that I need to read more, particularly of other genres. Andrew will argue that I'm quite a bookworm, but I really only stick to a few author's I quite like that are usually "nice" stories, plus the odd bestseller that's being raved about.

I think I might try a bit harder to just go and buy random books I wouldn't normally buy, and maybe see if there's a local bookclub I can join. Now's a good time as I'm not working so have a little more free time to sit down and read (I'll hopefully have more time soon once we've fully unpacked anyway!).

If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy New Year Sarah - how exciting for you to be starting the new year in your new home!

If it's book recommendations you are after, you've got them! I'm a bit of a book worm too ! So what type of books do you ordinarily read ?

Aki said...

Heh, the New Jedi Order in the Star Wars stories. I'm way too much a Star Wars nut, but if you want to stay away from 'nice' stories, these are good for that. Also Alien vs Predator...

Hey, you asked for recommendations!