Monday, March 27, 2006

Atenolol and training

When I left Australia I made sure I had a good supply of my beta blockers (heart medication). I've just realised that I'm getting pretty low, so called up my new cardiologists office to see if they can get me a new prescription over here (I don't see him for another month or so.

I also checked that they were happy with the dosage (the dosage was set by other cardiologist before it was confirmed that I definitely had an aneurysm), and because I get my heart rate to 120 pretty easily just through fast walking and easy cycling, they're putting the dosage up.

I'm kind of pleased, because I'm limited to basic exercise and have to keep on holding back, but a couple of times when I've accidentally taken a double dosage because I've forgotten that I've already taken one (I'm hopeless with medication), it really knocks me around. For maybe half a day I feel absolutely exhausted, my heart rate drops, and it really slows me down.

Fingers crossed that it just takes a few days to get used to it!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Is there some way you can mark the packaging with days and 'am' and 'pm' or whatever is appropriate? I can understand how you can forget though, I am exactly the same.

Take care!