Saturday, March 04, 2006

Most recent books

Books 4, 5 and 6 for the year were read while we were in Phoenix.

Booke 4 was Mary Higgins Clark - Moonlight Becomes You. It was a good read, gripping, but not too scary for wussy little me :) I also picked the baddie from the start which is quite unusual for me!

Booke 5 was Nora Roberts - The Quinn Brothers. I really really really enjoyed this book!! I was absolutely hooked on it and finished it within 2 days. It was a really nice story of brothers and family. It was actually a 4 parter, and the first 2 books - Sea Swept and Rising Tides were put together in one novel to make Quinn Brothers. Once I realised it was the first half of a 4 parter, I knew I would have to go and get the rest of the saga as the book was just so good.

So Book 6 is also Nora Roberts - The Quinn Legacy. I also really enjoyed this, which was the last 2 books combined - Inner Harbor and Chesapeake Blue. It was a little unrealistic in that 2 of the 3 older brothers (all early 30's) as well as the younger brother who i nthe last book is all grown up are guys who have regular short term flings, and the other doesn't really date, but all of them suddenly meet someone absolutely amazing in each book and completely fall in love, and marry within months of meeting that special someone and stay with them forever. The story of their relationships could have changed a LITTLE in the books!

If you can overlook that though, you'll find a really nice set of books!

No comments: