Thursday, March 09, 2006

Do you ever feel a lot older than you are?

I have the following things wrong with me:

Heart condition
Bad back
Dodgy knee (previously operated on, still causes problems)
Lactose intolerance (only came on a year or so ago)
Constant rashes on my arms

Due to the above problems, I can't get my heart rate over 120bpm, my back aches if I sit in a bad chair for too long, stand for too long or just move the wrong way, the bad back puts me out of alignment which causes strained muscles, my knee often aches and it hurts to go up and down stairs, if I have any milky products I get associated uncomfortableness and lastly I am often woken during the night due to itchy arms - so itchy to the point that I'm rolling around in agony. I'm awake at midnight right now because I had a small amount of non-lactose free milk in a cup of tea, and am still awake with tummy cramps and an upset belly. Ridiculous.

All of this by the age of 25. Imagine what I'll be like at 30?

5 comments:

Cirque said...

Yeah, I know that feeling! I was where you are about twenty years ago.
I know how frustrating it is but hang in there.

Tesso said...

Every day I do. Then again every day at times I feel younger, like when I listen to particular music, or watch something silly on tele, or play games on the PC.

Mandy said...

Oh I know the feeling, arthritis at 10, lactose intolerant at 12, depression at 19 and holding, first cancerous stomach tumour at 24, chronic back pain at 28, tendonitis at 29, and I turned 30 yesterday...and I'm still here! :)

Louise said...

Ditch the milk - it's designed for baby cows, not adult humans. http://www.notmilk.com/

and hang in there...!

MikeM said...

25 myself, yet:

10 years of jaw problems (including surgery), laryngitis, and chronic daily headaches.
1 year of nerve compression to hands and arms.

I feel like I'm 80, easily. I haven't had a peaceful night's sleep in a decade. So worn out.

The irony: I'm in med school, my dad's a doc, and not a single member of the medical community I've seen has been able to help.

It would be funny if it wasn't so fucked up.