Friday, September 02, 2005

Sore back - no walk, but nice stroll

My back has been killing me today!! I assume this is from my walk yesterday, I just have no idea why a fast 5k walk would bugger up my back.

My back felt stiff when I first got out of bed, and it was twinging a bit. I was really feeling it by the time I got to work, and sitting down all day did not help at all. Everytime I got up I was in pain, and walking was terrible. I was walking with a limp holding my back - I felt like an old woman!!

It's the usual spot that get sore, and I know I should really be doing some strengthening exercises, but I'm pretty confident that once I get back into exercise this help my back immensely. I'm really glad I'd booked a massage in last week for this Sunday - I definitely need it now!

I'd planned to go for another walk at lunchtime today, but knew it just wasn't a smart thing to do. So one of the girls from work, Vicki, wanted to go the National Gallery which is less than a 5 minute walk from work, so we wandered over there and strolled through the Gallery for a while. It was really nice, and while my back was hurting a bit it was good not to be sitting at my desk! It's great to be able to do that during lunch.

I nearly got kicked out though when I pointed to the plaque next to a Monet because it had a little picture of headphones and a number. I was just pointing out that you must be able to get a headset that explains the painting to you, but apparently I got too close to the painting itself and an alarm starting going, and a security guard starting walking towards us!! We got away from there quicksmart and I kept my hands behind my back for the rest of our wander.

No comments: