Sunday, July 23, 2006

Stinking hot

According to AccuWeather, yesterday's high in Mountain View was 38 degrees celsius, which is now the new record high!

Today looks just as stinky hot, with the top temp. due to be something similar. I'm kind of glad I'm inside studying! Gives me something to do without leaving the house. I'm also doing my bit for the electrical shortages since we're on a Stage 1 power emergency, mainly due to a major power plant tripping because of the heat! I've started studying early as the dining room table is the best place to study, and it's too hot of an afternoon, so it's not yet midday and have got a good chunk of study done while it's still not too stinking hot at the table! I'll try to avoid the fan until I become desperate. I have a jug of ice water in front of me which is also helping.

I can imagine Andrew's enjoying being in the Australian winter while all this is happening!

No comments: