Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Doctor checkup

Went to the doc yesterday, she thinks the heart pains I've been getting are nothing to worry about, and said that if I'm doing triathlons and having no problems doing them then my heart is most probably fine. The ECG showed up clear, but I'm still a wee bit dubious after running past someone getting CPR and not making it at the Noosa tri, which I think was heart related, and there was also someone at Forster who died in his sleep the night he finished the race. My father was under 30 and fit when he dropped dead from heart failure. I don't believe being fit means your heart is fine.

I also asked about my recent fatigue problem - constantly tired, and yawning all day, despite good sleep, regular exercise, and everything else in my life being nicely balanced. So got a blood test this morning, and will go to the doc next Friday to see if they find anything (such as iron deficiency).

I feel crap after the blood test though... I didn't have brekky as I was supposed to be fasting for the tests, and am not good with blood tests at the best of times. So I was tired, hungry, then got a couple of vials of blood sucked out of me, got to work and have felt very light headed and a little nauseous ever since. Hopefully they'll be able to tell me if there's something wrong!

No comments: