Monday, January 31, 2005

Swimming injury!

I got a minor swimming injury last night... I don't know what happened, but the slow lane (of our squad) had a pile up in the middle of the pool, and so were all hanging onto the lane rope and pulling it down.

We were doing breaststroke recoveries, and so I came past doing breaststroke and caught my left foot on the lane rope. Result - a chunk taken out of my big toe that bled like a stuffed pig, and a bruised second toe at the middle joint. Bloody hurts walking around today as well!!!!

First swimming related injury I've had I think! :-)

3 comments:

Aki said...

Hey Sarah, go to www.canberrarunner.com.au because they have a training group for the half marathon in May, and it starts in February. You have to pay, unfortunately, but I think it also includes cross country membership, the entry fee, and entry for a team in the Weston Creek.

Forgot to tell you that the Weston Creek one can be done in teams of groups of 2 or 3, either 2 x 10k or 3 x 7k, even if you don't go to the training group.

I'm very slow and bad at swimming, btw, nor am I regular at it. Where do you train, when, and how much?

Aki said...

Oops, doesn't include the half marathon entry fee, sorry!

Bennyr said...

Sarah,

They're dangerous places, those pools. I cut my big toe in the pool yesterday, and like you, blood all over the place. I hope you are feeling better now.
Cheers,
Ben