Thursday, February 24, 2005

Tests

So I had the scans this morning - I didn't realise it was an angiogram where they inject the contrast dye into you!
So they explained it all to me, and said that I would feel really hot when the dye was injected, I'd get a metallic taste at the back of my mouth, and I may feel as though I've wet myself. Well, I was lying there, and the machine started making a noise which meant the dye was being injected, and I felt hot, and had the disgusting taste then.... Oh my God. I HAVE wet myself! I was sure I had. When I was allowed to move again, I wriggled around and I thought that MAYBE I hadn't after all. The stuff wore off after about 30 seconds, and once it had I realised that it was just the feeling from the dye, but gees it was weird to start with - I would have loved to have seen the look on my face!

I've just tried to drink an Up n Go, and the taste in the back of my throat is still there - I can't drink the bloody thing, the taste is too disgusting!

Should find out the results by about 3pm.

If they show up clear though, what action do I take regarding the chest pains?

1 comment:

Carolyne said...

Sarah, I've been thinking of you today while you were having your tests, and keeping my fingers crossed. xxxxx

I know too well the medical roundabout, and the frustration and confusion when results are inconclusive. Hang in there.

Carolyne